Many say childbirth is strictly science. Others say is it more art than science. The truth is – you need both! Natural Abundance classes are taught by Laura Speece, CLD®, CCCE® who is trained and certified by CAPPA, a leading organization in the field of Childbirth Education. As such, Laura’s classes are not limited to one method alone. Instead, they take a broader, but strictly evidence-based, approach to education. The information taught in the classes is drawn from the best of a variety of methods and includes only what has been shown time and again to be the most effective for supporting the mother and baby’s natural progression through labor, birth & postpartum. Science will show us the how your body works and why natural comfort measures are so effective. The Art of childbirth is in learning to listen to your body and discern which methods to use at which time and how to make the best decisions for yourself and your baby.
If you would like to:
- learn simple diet & exercise changes that will make a big impact on your pregnancy and postpartum health,
- understand the anatomy and physiology of birth,
- be able to identify the stages and phases of a natural labor,
- learn how to know when it’s time to go to the hospital and ways to manage that transition,
- practice a wide variety of comfort measures, breathing techniques and birthing positions,
- be able to sift through all the information that comes your way and separate childbirth facts from myth!
- be equipped to speak knowledgeably with your care providers about your desires for your birth,
- write and learn how to get the most out of a birth plan,
- be confident navigating your options and making choices as labor progresses,
- learn what pain relief options are available during labor and discuss evidence-based reasons for choosing them!
- be prepared for post-partum, newborn care and breastfeeding
- including natural alternatives for mother’s and baby’s health and healing,
- an introduction to infant massage, and
- ways that dad can help during these first few months!
Then, this is the class for you!!!!
Group Classes $165
– coming soon!
Private Classes $200
4 in-home, private classes. We will cover all of the topics above, and we can also tailor the class outline to meet your individual needs and to discuss any other questions or concerns you may have about labor, birth and the postpartum period.
Online Classes $385
Access the Art & Science of Childbirth classes in 8 online modules. Complete one module a week for an 8-week course, or move through more quickly if your due date is approaching! Your course fee includes all of the instructional materials, videos, PDFs and other tools to prepare for your labor & birth, breastfeeding, postpartum period and newborn care. This class is hosted by the Vintage Remedies Learning Center.
Doula/Birth Classes Combo Package $950
This package includes all the Labor Doula services plus 2 additional prenatal classes (for a total of 4) to cover all of the Childbirth Education materials in great depth. If a group class is being offered at the time, you have the option to attend those classes instead at this same discounted rate.
For all services, cash, check, credit card and PayPal payments are all accepted.